Author Topic: Another ACTION-PACKED weekend on NEXUS!  (Read 4033 times)

Tyrall

• Council
    • View Profile
Another ACTION-PACKED weekend on NEXUS!
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:18:59 am »

Great news cupcakes, Carbine just announced that we are getting another ACTION-PACKED WEEKEND ON NEXUS! That means you only have two more pre-order beta weekends before HEAD START and launch! The beta weekend will be from Friday 25th April, 16:00 CEST through Monday 28th April, 8:59 CEST.
Pre-ordered yet? See you on NEXUS! If you haven't pre-ordered yet, you're missing out on early access and some additional in-game goodies, so go and reserve your spot on Nexus now.
He who sneezes without hanky takes matters into his own hands.

Raeb

• View Profile
Re: Another ACTION-PACKED weekend on NEXUS!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:42:55 am »
Don't forget open beta. It's confirmed that there will be one, no just in what format and for how long (or when).

nra

• Core Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »
Don't forget open beta. It's confirmed that there will be one, no just in what format and for how long (or when).

Where is that confirmed here?
Or are you just talking in general now?

Otherwise, here (plus re-read the mail): https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35296-beta-level-cap-at-25/page-2#entry340573
"Dogs fucked the pope, no fault of mine."

"You can just hang around outside in the sun all day, tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters!"

Raeb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:03:43 am »
It's been confirmed multiple times since the announcement of the pre-order beta weekends, it even was in a huge chart.
Yesterday there was another confirming post by Cougar while talking about server tech when trying to transfer all accounts to the EU dataserver for Open Beta.
I suggest you give your info-mining hamster the boot, and get a new one ;)

Quote from: Cougar, on 23 Apr 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:
We are doing some more script juju to see if we can copy ALL of the characters from the NA data center to the EU data center as a one time deal for the opening of the EU data center with the launch of Open Beta. The problem with that is some of the realm types just aren't going to match up nicely. We are trying to make it so that the realm type doesn't switch (PVE to PVP or visa versa) but there's not much I can do about the language destinations. So some characters on NA EN realms are going to map to EU FR realms.

It looks like our script juju should work, but I'm sure that people won't be 100% satisfied with their destinations. We felt that imperfect destinations was worth it if you got to keep your characters (up until the point we wipe them before head start).

Source

The thread you're referring to has people in it who obviously can't read, that has mixed up that they've raised the cap for the NEXT beta weekend(s), and assumed that goes for the Open beta as well. Then you've misunderstood their wording (which in all honesty could have been better) and thought that "they haven't said anything about open beta" meant that there won't be one. They just haven't given any specifics about it's format (yet)

So to sum up; Open beta is confirmed, just not when, for how long and in what format.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:11:32 am by Raebsy »

Tyrall

• Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40:55 am »
Tsumiki posted here in another thread about open beta, not sure where he got it from, but as I understand, open beta will be this weekend. I've also read tha same thing on reddit today, however didn't browse the official forums for it yet. TBH looks like the final stress test^^

We may have "accidentally" announced it early, but it's official: We're doing a bonus weekend starting this Friday! The weekend will run from Friday at 7AM PDT (2PM UTC) through Sunday at 11:59PM PDT (Monday, 7AM UTC). Things to look forward to:
  • The level cap has been raised to 25.
  • New Adventure: War of the Wilds unlocks at level 25!
We're going to be inviting every person who ever signed up for WildStar beta to this weekend's event. That's a lot of people, so you'll have plenty of friends to team up with for Battlegrounds, Dungeons, Adventures, and more!
We're really excited to be able to add another weekend into the beta schedule. If you want access to all the remaining weekends (plus some sweet loot), don't forget to pre-order WildStar today!

See you on Friday!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:45:01 am by Tyrall »

Raeb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:19:42 am »
Jeez guys.

This is a BONUS weekend. This is NOT open beta. Now you're mixing sources and reading things that's absolutely not there.
We haven't even had the final pre-order weekend, which is 2-4.May.
The way I can guarantee you that this is not open beta (besides common sense) is that the server transfer to EU isn't happening this weekend, and the source I gave you confirms this is happening BEFORE Open Beta.

Once and for all:
  • The upcoming weekend is a bonus weekend. Cap is increased to 25 to allow people to experience War of the Wilds. Everyone who's ever applied to beta will be allowed access to really mass test stuff and create hype (as the game has gone gold and there's just bug fixes and optimizing left.)
  • 2-4.May we'll have the last of the announced pre-order weekends.
  • Sometime between 4.May and 31.May there will be an Open beta, in a format that's not disclosed yet.

As I see it the Open Beta will be one of these options:
  • 1) A weekend where absolutely everyone will be able to participate with just a opt-in on the Wildstar webpage.
  • 2) A longer period, maybe a week or two. There will probably be a cap, might be higher than 25. Participation by opt-in on the Wildstar webpage. <- Most likely (my speculation)
  • 3) A longer period, without a cap. <- Least likely.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:25:17 am by Raebsy »

Ico

• Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:59 am »
This is a BONUS weekend. This is NOT open beta.

YOU'RE a bonus weekend. 

Jun

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 10:40:46 am »
This is a BONUS weekend. This is NOT open beta.

YOU'RE a bonus weekend. 

Tyrall

• Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 10:45:55 am »
I challenge you to the duel to the death! Winner is declared as being RIGHT!

I understand your reasoning and it makes sense however you can't say it isn't "open betaish" even though the real one is scheduled at some time later. Granted you have to sign for it to get in, but since everyone can sign for it...

Thanks for clarification though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:52:50 am by Tyrall »

nra

• Core Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 11:36:32 am »
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:01:16 pm by Tyrall »
"Dogs fucked the pope, no fault of mine."

"You can just hang around outside in the sun all day, tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters!"

Raeb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:42 pm »
Ha

HA

Just to put this to rest, official confirmation from the Carbine CEO
Source
And another source

Tsumiki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »
Tsumiki posted here in another thread about open beta, not sure where he got it from, but as I understand, open beta will be this weekend.

My post has nothing to do with open beta, my post is just telling you what this weekends bonus closed beta will be. No mention of open beta :P.

Dragging my name into this. Psh.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:23:36 am by Tsumiki »

Ico

• Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 08:51:08 am »
Tsumiki posted here in another thread about open beta, not sure where he got it from, but as I understand, open beta will be this weekend.

My post has nothing to do with open beta, my post is just telling you what this weekends bonus closed beta will be. No mention of open beta :P.

Dragging my name into this. Psh.

YOU'RE A BONUS CLOSED BETA.

Shit I need some new material. 

Raeb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »
YOU ARE THE NEW MATERIAL!

Akturai

• View Profile
My profile picture is Ron Burgundy, therefore whatever you say is invalid.